Chart of the day: Just over half (56%) of European ads reached their desired age group of 25 to 54.
Nielsen investigated how many ads have reached their desired audience finding that ads aren’t always reaching the desired audience. Yesterday we reported on the US figures, and today we are covering the results for Ads in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy).
In a world where targeting is everything, it doesn’t mean ads are getting in front of the right customers every time.Â
Data: June 2016. Mobile insights are provided for directional purposes only.Â
Key findings from the Nilsen study and the chart indicated above include:
- 56% of ads were correctly served to 25-54 year olds and amongst those 40% were accurately shown to males compared to 34% for females.
- 27% of ads were accurately displayed to 25-34 year olds.
- When it comes to industry 57% are accurately entertainment and financial services are correctly served compared with just 42% for packaged consumer goods.
- Overall desktop is better at targeting broad audiences and mobile is better at targeting niche customers.
Accuracy on platforms/ networks are equal at 52%
- Source: Nielsen Digital ad Ratings U.S Benchmarks and findings through Q2 2016
- Data Sample:Â The data is fromÂ 6,800 Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings campaigns from France, Germany, Italy, and the United Kingdom through 30 June, 2016, where the minimum number of site observations was at least 30.
- Recommended resource: Our Q4 2016 Online Benchmarks and statistics compilationÂ has the statistics you need to help you look ahead into 2017.